Skip to main content

First Runner-Up!

Wow... Where do I even begin? 

I still can't believe the week has come and gone!! A week I worked so hard to be ready for- my first national / international pageant, is in the books! I'm still trying to catch up with sleep, but for the most part I'm back into the swing of things here at home! 

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate all 61 women that were in attendance. Every single one of you was amazing. I was in awe of all you do for your families, your causes, your states and/ or countries, and your faith. A lot of time, dedication, money and heart went into this week. Congrats to the top 15, top 10, top 5 and our new queen Priscilla. Keep doing big things- because you do make a difference. You have put your self out there, and that alone is an accomplishment in itself. 

The week started off with a 4:30 am wake up call to head to the airport. Later that day I would be meeting 61 women from all over the world- ready to share their passions, inspiring stories, and memories. I went into the week with so much excitement! We heard each of the International Pageant team members speak and it really got us in the right state of mind. We laughed and I think I even cried- but we were all ready to go. Ready to follow the path God had already chosen for each of us.

The next day was outing day. This was a great day because I think that's when we all got to know each other a little bit better. It was a hot one that's for sure- but we all had a lot of fun!! Finding iced coffee and massage chairs may have been a highlight for some of us ;-) I really enjoyed seeing the town of St. Augustine as well as the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium... They have pools in the end zone!! We had our first rehearsal that night and the week was in full swing! 

Thursday morning we all had our personal one-on-one interviews. We had 5 minutes with 5 judges. It was so important to me that I got out- what I HAVE been doing and my plans for the next coming year. Crown or not - it was important to let the judges know I can talk the talk, and walk the walk. I believe an international queen should do international things... And even though I hold a state title, I meant every single word I said in that room. I have a lot to accomplish this year and I can't wait to share as I go...  I will meet my goals for my platform as well as represent the International Pageant system to my fullest potential. 

Winning this portion of the competition meant so much to me. It means I was able to put my passion into words. That I was able to communicate from my heart… And words from the heart can move mountains. 

Before we knew it, it was preliminaries. Time to shine on the stage. Not knowing if I would ever be on stage again I gave it my all. I had hoped that my non-verbal communication would be just as strong as my words. As we say in the dance world "I left it all out on that stage." 

Finals came faster that I could even comprehend!! This was literally the fastest week of my life!! As we went through intros I knew it was time for them to call the top 15. I had imagined this part for months. I didn't care where in the line up I heard my name, just as long as I heard it! I was called first and my heart was so full!! After the top 15 were called all scores were wiped out and it was time to start over! First up? The on-stage questions! 

Since my number was called first I went first for the rest of the competition. I was happy with that because I wanted to get it done and over with! During my questions I had practiced staying focused and not let my thoughts get away from me. My main goal with this was simple- answer the question!! This portion was followed by fitness and then evening gown with my Mr. 

I was so proud to be up there sharing the stage with remarkable women that I will never forget. I was able to speak to an international audience, representing my family, my cause and my faith. 
Looking back there is not one thing I would change. I felt great up there and I really did take it all in. I did my very best. I had said from day 1, I would be happy with the outcome if I did my very best- and I really meant that. 

Being first-runner up is  no doubt a bittersweet spot. It's kind of funny- the next few days people didn't know how to approach me- it was either the "I'm so sorry... How are you??" Or "OMG you killed it - congrats!" (I prefer the latter ;)).
Truth is:
I am truly honored and very blessed. I have had a smile on my face knowing what I accomplished this week. I was honest, true, and sincere. I did what I came to do and at the end of the day I will accomplish all of my plans I have set in place- no matter what. 


The next question I get is- "Will you compete again?!" I'm not sure I will to be completely honest. It has been an inspiring experience but I truly believe I was sent here for a reason- THIS year, at THIS time in my life. Having a crown or not - does not allow you or stop you from achieving your goals. For me, that is the take home message. Time will tell, but for now I am enjoying this amazing ride God is taking me on as your Mrs. Illinois International 2016.

Until next time,
"Be Kind. Make a Difference" 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledge the Storm, but Celebrate the Rainbow

"It is understood that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm; when a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm did not happen or that we are not still dealing with its aftermath. It means that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover, but the rainbow provides counterbalance or color, energy and hope." *** We didn't know a head ultrasound was on her agenda for the day. But we were used to all the hospital visitors from all different parts of the hospital coming and going, taking the samples they needed from her, not to be seen again. So it wasn't alarming to us they were going to come in for a head ultrasound (U/S). Poor thing was only 7 days old- but it was just one more thing to check off our list. The whole scan lasted about 15 mins in total and that was it. She barely even woke up for it. Easy and done.   It was early morning an

New Website for my Blog!

Hello All! Blog Update: Thank you so much for following along with our journey! As of this week, I am so excited to be using a brand new site to host my blog! I will no longer be actively posting on this site. BUT there is still so much to talk about!! Please continue to follow along at:  www.ItsSimpleBeKind.com Also!! Please feel free to re-subscribe! I wont be able to transfer your email address over unfortunately. I can absolutely assure you, your emails are only being used to keep you up to date with my blog entries! I can't wait for you to see the new site!! Please feel free to comment, like and share! (all new features) See you over there! xo Nicole Zwiercan

Ode to Cristiano

My son is turning one this month! That sentence has yet to completely sink in. I have been watching him walk around our living room these past two weeks, but not like I usually do - not necessarily on alert to shoo him away from the occasional uncovered outlet, or kick him out the utility room to stop him from eating his occasional snack of cat food- but just watching him. Taking it all in. He has his own very busy agenda these days- and it's absolutely amazing to me. There is no way he will ever know the joy he brings to my life, or the powerful love I have for him- that is until he has his own child himself. He'll never know the happiness I feel when he stumbles up to me with his arms open to give me a hug, or when he aggressively gives me one of his open mouth kisses on my cheek. I could literally sit and watch him learn and play all day long. It's so beautiful to me. And please tell me I am not the only one that will sit in the car and let my child finish his nap?? OK.