Skip to main content

I have joined Team Rainbow Rabbit!



I fell in love with the story of this organization and I think you will too! I am so proud to be included in Team Rainbow Rabbit - a family-based and family-run organization. To trust me with your message is an honor and I am so excited to share such a great story!!

Rainbow Rabbit was the vision of Arthur Vallee, an animator for the Walt Disney Company back in the 1940's. It was his strong belief that this tale of inclusion and unity, along with the emphasis of belonging would capture the hearts of children and adults... I know it captured mine.
Arthur passed away in 2010 at the age of 93 before he could realize the dream of having his book read in classrooms all of the world! His passion has not been forgotten, and the Rainbow Rabbit organization works continuously to spread this message of acceptance and tolerance within our communities near and far. I'm thrilled to be a part of this realization! Reading this amazing story to the youth of our world and watching them experience this story for the first time is absolutely priceless to me. I see them experience empathy and joy. There has not been one classroom that I have visited that hasn't cheered at the end. The positive energy this book creates is contagious to all who are in the room to hear it.

Not only was the history behind this book a reason why I was happy to be a part of this team, but also it was the philosophy of the organization that I felt I could support 100%. They feel that by empowering children, parents, and teachers through creating a book that teaches and supports a positive and kind environment, all can flourish and grow! This philosophy matches mine and that of the organization I have created. This story is just what we need to be able to reach the young minds in this world. It is something they will remember and at the same time, see it is OK to be unique. One of the discussions I have with the children after I read the story is about being who they are, and no matter what makes them unique it is something to be celebrated! The second part of the discussion deals with acceptance of people that may be different than themselves.  "We grow and learn from people that are different from ourselves" I tell them..."Just think how boring would this world be if we were all the same?!"
All questions of which I think we can all reflect from time to time.
I want to leave the message with all the children I have the opportunity to speak with that when faced with the choice of how to treat each other, being kind is always the way to go. Even when people are not kind to you, rise above that and lead by example. I want to start a culture of kindness and with The Rainbow Rabbit organization it has now become easier to do this. Thank you so much for your message and all the work you are doing!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acknowledge the Storm, but Celebrate the Rainbow

"It is understood that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm; when a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm did not happen or that we are not still dealing with its aftermath. It means that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover, but the rainbow provides counterbalance or color, energy and hope." *** We didn't know a head ultrasound was on her agenda for the day. But we were used to all the hospital visitors from all different parts of the hospital coming and going, taking the samples they needed from her, not to be seen again. So it wasn't alarming to us they were going to come in for a head ultrasound (U/S). Poor thing was only 7 days old- but it was just one more thing to check off our list. The whole scan lasted about 15 mins in total and that was it. She barely even woke up for it. Easy and done.   It was early morning an

New Website for my Blog!

Hello All! Blog Update: Thank you so much for following along with our journey! As of this week, I am so excited to be using a brand new site to host my blog! I will no longer be actively posting on this site. BUT there is still so much to talk about!! Please continue to follow along at:  www.ItsSimpleBeKind.com Also!! Please feel free to re-subscribe! I wont be able to transfer your email address over unfortunately. I can absolutely assure you, your emails are only being used to keep you up to date with my blog entries! I can't wait for you to see the new site!! Please feel free to comment, like and share! (all new features) See you over there! xo Nicole Zwiercan

Ode to Cristiano

My son is turning one this month! That sentence has yet to completely sink in. I have been watching him walk around our living room these past two weeks, but not like I usually do - not necessarily on alert to shoo him away from the occasional uncovered outlet, or kick him out the utility room to stop him from eating his occasional snack of cat food- but just watching him. Taking it all in. He has his own very busy agenda these days- and it's absolutely amazing to me. There is no way he will ever know the joy he brings to my life, or the powerful love I have for him- that is until he has his own child himself. He'll never know the happiness I feel when he stumbles up to me with his arms open to give me a hug, or when he aggressively gives me one of his open mouth kisses on my cheek. I could literally sit and watch him learn and play all day long. It's so beautiful to me. And please tell me I am not the only one that will sit in the car and let my child finish his nap?? OK.